Thursday, May 18, 2006

5 Minute Brain Scan

Here are a few things rattling around in my brain today:
I can't wait to go to Maui with my best friend.
God is so awesome!
Shorty is 12!
I never thought I'd take my dog to a vet chiropractor for an alignment and accupunture.
I love women who aren't afraid to talk, share, and be real with one another.
It's hot in Tucson today - but it's a dry heat.
Vanity is meaningless.
The one with the most toys still dies - does that mean they win or lose?
Solomon was the wisest, richest man that ever lived and he still drifted away from God. How can we learn from him?
Why can't an appliance work longer than 5 years without being repaired? I take that back, my Maytag washer is 15 years old and has only been repaired once.
Bob Barker is a hoot.
I love my job.
I don't want to go to work today.
I'm thankful.
I'm blessed.
I'm stressed.
I'm happy.
This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

You have a flair for writing. I read your comment on Chris' blog. Maybe some of your writing style will rub off on me. Too many years of teaching learning disabled students, I guess.

Greetings From Tucson said...

Thanks for the compliment Vonnie. I guess his post touched me because of the vanity issues I'm struggling with right now. Deep down I know it doesn't really matter that I now have multiple, visible healing scars (especially given the alternative!), but it is a daily struggle to not only deal with them, but to see other people look at them. God has shown me that vanity is meaningless, yet I'll still go put on my makeup and fix my hair! I believe He's working on my heart to allow me to be me without any pretense. Have a good Friday! PS Why are you posting at 12:01 AM?