Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Things to think about...

Sunday evening, as a part of our monthly congregational family night, our youth minister showed the film "Invisible Children" for anyone who wanted to see it. If you don't know anything about "Invisible Children," I invite you to go to their website - http://www.invisiblechildren.com . This is the story of 3 young men who traveled to northern Uganda and discovered children as young as 8 years old who were being abducted from their villages and homes, brainwashed, and forced to fight and kill. It is a sobering story.

I contrast that with my occasional complaining about things that aren't the way I want them to be. There is no excuse. Lord, please forgive me for my ungratefulness.

Thursday is Thanksgiving. For you, I hope that you will find a blessing in the day; and, if you think about it for a few minutes, abundant blessings!

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Vonnie said...

I am thankful for the news you gave me today and I am thankful you are my friend.

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Tucson bound,
Bobby Valentine

C D said...

Hi Sandy ~ I'm a former PV'er (now mostly go to Mt. Ave), friend of Vonnie's, and scrap with Joyce H., Sandra A. etc... -- and my middle name is Diane, I turned 39 on the 25th of November, and often wonder how is it I'm facing 40 in the next 365 days (or less, now, I'm not taking the time to count ;-).

I've heard really cool things about you, and wanted to say hello.

Hello :D

Carrie