Thursday, November 16, 2006

Giving Thanks

I was supposed to be born on Thanksgiving, and my name was almost Diane. Upon my entrance to this world, I weighed slightly more than 5 pounds.

Today I begin the countdown of 365 days until I've lived for a half century. I don't know whether to rejoice or say "ouch".

But in reality I am astounded and thankful.

Astounded because I'm 49. How did that happen? I remember thinking that was so old! I don't feel much differently inside than I did when I was 25, although I'm grateful to have learned a few things along the way.

Thankful for so many things: life, husband, children, family, friends, joys, sorrows, challenges, blessings, the big things, and mostly the small things.

What will the next 365 days will bring?

This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

5 comments:

Vonnie said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Sandy
Happy Birthday to you.
I guess I could record that on my iPod, then email it to you, but....
We are getting ready to go to Costco
Hope you birthday dinner is great!

Greetings From Tucson said...

Thanks Vonnie! And thanks for your card and good wishes. I'm glad you moved to Tucson!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, girl!

Keep blazin' the trail for us. I'm not that far behind you... for me, 45 is right around the corner.

C D said...

Happy b-day - I'm a turkey baby too - I turn 39 (or, ahem, the 18th anniversary of my 21st birthday) on the 25th...

I love having my b/day this time of year -- it is always a party!! :D :D.

Have a Fabby 49th Year!! (and 50th...etc...)

C

Greetings From Tucson said...

Hi CD,
Thanks for your wishes! It was good to see you this morning.
S.